Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Smooth Criminal

It is a cold, cruel world out there.
IMG_1660
So this blog is about feeding myself, right?

Proving that I am (mostly) taking care of myself in regards to sustenance?

Not simply letting myself waste away on 99-cent Crazy Bread from Little Caesars (except on Mondays)?
homemade crazy crazy bread
somehow this is not me, even though it sure looks like it



Turning a combination of raw materials into something edible, for the purpose of this blog post, totally counts as cooking.

Look, Ma, I'm eating breakfast.
IMG_1655
Smoothies are the easiest thing to do, really. Some combination of frozen fruit mix + bruised bananas + yogurt + honey + refined sugar + whatever old fruit/fruit juice is in the fridge, a couple seconds in the blender, and you have yourself a nutritious and fruity start to the day.

So that even when the morning looks like this:
IMG_1662

Your breakfast can look like it's summer:
IMG_1658

All thanks to the wonders of freezing and trucking.
God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment